From SpaceWeather.com today:
STRANGE LIGHTS OVER NORWAY: This morning in Norway, people saw a strange and still-unexplained phenomenon. Eye-witness Nick Banbury of Harstad reports: “We are used to seeing lots of auroras here in Arctic Norway, but on my way to work this morning I saw something completely unexpected. Between 7:50 and 8:00 a.m. local time, there was a strange light in the sky
“It consisted initially of a green beam of light similar in colour to the aurora with a mysterious rotating spiral at one end,” continues Banbury. “This spiral then got bigger and bigger until it turned into a huge halo in the sky with the green beam extending down to the earth. According to the press, this could be seen all over northern norway and must therefore have been very high up in the atmosphere to be seen hundreds of km apart.”
“[A popular] suggestion at the moment is that it was a rocket shot up by a Russian submarine in the white sea, but the Russians deny this apparently. A big mystery indeed!”
Wild stuff indeed! The first article I read about this was an English translation of the Norwegian www.vg.no. If you click the link it goes to a Google translated page that has a lot of interesting first hand accounts and links to more videos as well, here are some of the translations from the page:
Do not know what it is
Meteorologene i TromsÃ¸ vet heller ikke hva lyset skyldes. Meteorologists in TromsÃ¸ do not know what caused the light.
- Vi aner ikke hva det er. – We have no idea what it is. Jeg tÃ¸r ikke gjette heller, men det har visstnok vÃ¦rt veldig spektakulÃ¦rt, sier Trond Robertsen, vakthavende meteorologikonsulent ved instituttet i TromsÃ¸. I dare not guess either, but it has apparently been very spectacular, “said Trond Robertsen, duty meteorology consultant at the department in TromsÃ¸.
- Folk beskriver lysbevegelsen som voldsomt, utrolig vakkert og til dels skremmende. – People describe lysbevegelsen as violent, stunningly beautiful and somewhat frightening. De beskriver det som nyttÃ¥rsraketten som ligner en spinnende spiral, sier Robertsen til VG Nett. They describe it as New Year’s rocket that looks like a spinning spiral, “said Robertsen to VG Nett.
Han forteller at himmelen fortsatt er turkis pÃ¥ de stedene lyset kunne sees.Lysfenomenet varte i noen fÃ¥ minutter, like fÃ¸r klokken Ã¥tte onsdag morgen. He says that the sky is still turquoise in the places where light could sees.Lysfenomenet lasted a few minutes, just before eight o’clock Wednesday morning. Robertsen mener lyset tydligvis har kommet Ã¸stfra. Robertsen said light tydligvis have come from the east.
- Vi har fÃ¥tt telefoner fra folk fra Alta i nord til KjÃ¸psvik, like sÃ¸r for Narvik, sier Robertsen. – We have received calls from people from Alta in the north to KjÃ¸psvik, just south of Narvik, “said Robertsen.
Ikke sett noe lignende fÃ¸r Not seen anything like it before
- Folk har ingen formening om hva det er. – People have no idea about what it is. De har ingenting de kan relatere det til, for ingen har sett noe lignende fÃ¸r. They have nothing they can relate it to, because no one has seen anything like this before. Det kan vÃ¦re en meteoritt, men det blir kun spekulasjon. There may be a meteorite, but it is only speculation. Vi vet ikke hva det er, men skal prÃ¸ve Ã¥ finne det ut. We do not know what it is, but should try to find out. Vi er like nysgjerrige vi ogsÃ¥. We are just curious, too.
Det eneste Robertsen er sikker pÃ¥ er at lyset ikke har noe med nordlyset Ã¥ gjÃ¸re. The only Robertsen is sure is that the light does not have anything with the northern lights to do.
Here are some different pictures I have found online while researching the blue sky spiral of Noway:
- Blue Sky Spiral update: HAARP like facility directly at where the blue beam originated I have been following this story with its awesome images with great interest. I have created a YouTube playlist of...
- YouTube Playlist: ITTV 9/17/09 Interview with Jacob Hornberger Here is a slightly edited version of my interview with Jacob G Hornberger without the 7 minute introduction video. This...
- Newly discovered SPIRAL ASTEROID sign of Electric Universe Theory? In the December 12th, 2010 post at spaceweather.com the following is posted: SPIRAL ASTEROID: On Dec. 12th, the International Astronomical...